Junior Leadership Program
The Junior Leadership Program was founded in 2012 as an expansion of the Wilton Woman’s Club commitment to community service.
The group is composed of WWC members and their middle and high school age daughters, working together to provide volunteer support to local non-profit organizations and human interest initiatives.
The mission and purpose of the program is for our daughters to learn more about community service, and give back to their community.
Each mother signs up to supervise the JLP members at one event. Below are events the group has participated in in the past:
- Rise Against Hunger Meal Packaging Event
- Hot Meals (Thanksgiving) - assembling meals for homebound Wilton residents
- Giving Tree at Holiday Stroll - fundraising for Wilton Social Services
- Hot Meals (Holiday) - assembling meals for homebound Wilton residents
- Visit to The Greens senior living community, to socialize with residents and hear stories about their lives.
In 2016, the JLP group
learned about significant women in Wilton's history, did reports and exhibits, and displayed them in the front lobby of the Wilton Library during March. See the article in Good Morning Wilton
here: Woman's Club Junior Leadership
If you are interested in signing up with your daughter, please visit our members page here: Junior Leadership
. You must be a member of the Wilton Woman's Club to sign up (click here
for Membership information).